Chilled Fruit Cups
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen pineapple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 18 clear plastic cups (9 ounces)
- In a large bowl, prepare pineapple juice concentrate according to package directions. Add orange juice concentrate, water, sugar, lemon juice and fruit. Spoon 3/4 cup mixture into each plastic cup. Place cups in a pan and freeze. Remove from the freezer 40-50 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 141 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 1, 2018
These were really good only made half the recipe.I couldn’t find pineapple juice concentrate so I used apple juice and it still turned out good .Will continue to look for the pineapple juice but will definitely make again
Jun 3, 2017
So delicious and refreshing. I added some maraschino cherries and I cut up the strawberries and bananas. I also put the salad in some freezer containers to take to a family to enjoy.
Jul 29, 2016
My husband's favorite treat!
Nov 24, 2015
The fruit can be altered--I often add raspberries
Nov 27, 2011
These are great! They are easy to make and I have found they are an easy, quick breakfast. (You can thaw them by microwaving them.) I loved the chunks of fruit- I also added a 10 oz. or 2 oz. (I forget which one it was) package of frozen blueberries to the mix. You might need a couple extra cups for this addition. I might add less blueberries next time- it turned the mixture a funny color of purple. Also, be sure to halve; or better yet; quarter your strawberries, they can remain frozen when the rest of your fruit cup is not. So yummy- a quick snack. Will make again!
May 16, 2010
This is a "big" hit out at the baseball park. I can't keep enough in our concessions stand. So easy to put together & tastes great!!!!!! So try it & you won't regret it....Yumm
Apr 5, 2010
The ease of prep was key...very easy assembly. I suggest taking out of freezer alot sooner. Mine were still pretty frozen even after the 40-50 minutes. Next time I would cut the strawberries in half because by the time the fruit cups were of a slushy consistency, the whole strawberries were still frozen. People were spiting out the strawberries because they were so cold. I put a dolop of whip cream on top to finish and a cherry. Looked very pretty and colorful on the Easter Brunch table.