- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- Additional chopped green onions, optional
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in 1 tablespoon butter and oil over medium heat. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove chicken; keep warm.
- In same skillet, saute onions until tender. Reduce heat to medium. Add paprika and remaining butter; heat until butter is melted. Stir in cream, salt and pepper; cook and stir until sauce is thickened, about 4 minutes. Serve with chicken over rice. Garnish with onions if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forChicken With Paprika Cream
"This was pretty good, a very rich sauce with delicate flavors. I enjoyed it but there was nothing that made it really special. For my husband though, I think his favorite part was the broccoli, and he rates it at a three. Not a dish for guys I guess."
"Great recipe. quick and delicious. Just finished making it again. :)"