- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup light cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine, optional
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Additional parsley
- In a skillet, cook mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in flour; gradually add the chicken broth. Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce comes to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in cream, parsley, salt, nutmeg, pepper, and wine if desired. Fold in the chicken and spaghetti. Turn into a greased 12-in. x 8-in. x 2-in baking dish; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forChicken Tetrazzini
"This Is The Best it has become my signature dish my entire family loves it especially my young niece who ask quite frequently Uncle Mathew Will you make the chicken Stuff that I love. To which I always reply yes! Excellent"
"This was somewhat tasty. Next time I'd double the cheese. No need to bake.. I just ate straight from the skillet."
"I have been looking for a recipe for chicken Tetrazzini, because my mother made this dish when I was young over 50 years ago. This recipe is the one. I used cremini mushrooms and all chicken broth. It was easy to make and so delicious, and the closest recipe I have found to my mother's. My husband gave it a thumbs up."
"This didn't have as much flavor as I was expecting, and the noodles were too mushy. Next time as other reviewers have suggested I will sautee some onions with the mushrooms, add some lemon juice and a dash of cayenne and cook the spaghetti just to al dente."
"I really liked this receipt a lot. I added garlic, Italian seasonings, it had a great balance as well. I have made the dish three times already. Awesome recipe."
"I've made this recipe several times, most recently two days ago with turkey leftovers from Thanksgiving. I've added two garlic cloves, crushed and use sherry instead of wine or additional broth. I've used dry or cream sherry, whatever I have on hand. A very tasty casserole that I will make again and recommend it to everyone."
"This was just ok to us."
"I cut this in half because it serves 8 and it's just my husband and me.......I don't think there will be enough for both of us. Getting ready to put it in oven....will update after eating"