- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli-cauliflower blend, thawed
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken in butter until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the vegetables and cream; cook until vegetables are tender.
- Drain pasta. Add the pasta, cheese, salt and pepper to skillet; cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forChicken Pasta Primavera
"We really liked this and it will be a dish I will make many times!After reading the reviews I decided to combine another recipe I had for Primavera, so glad I did. I made 1-1/2 cups Penne, quick cook in a skillet. In another skillet. I put 1 Tablespoon butter, 1 Tablespoon olive oil, 3 Tablespoons chopped garlic and about 5 chicken tenders cut up into bite size pieces (seasoned with s&p, garlic powder and Italian seasoning). I cooked on high heat until the chicken was no longer pink, about 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently. Then I added 2cups asparagus, chopped bite size, 1 cup thin sliced carrot, 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved. Saute' about 2 minutes. Add 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream and 3/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese. Stir until cheese melts, add the pasta stir until blended. Serve and enjoy!"
"I made this tonight and it was very good. I will make it again. Next time I may substitute a California blend bag of vegetables that has broccoli, carrots, snap peas and califlower."
"Made this tonight and was pleasantly surprised. Very tasty and simple to prepare. I didn't have heavy cream so took the suggestion of others and used evaporated milk and it still tasted yummy. Glad it helped to lessen the calorie count a little too. I might try adding a little extra sauce next time so it's a bit creamier. I wIll definitely be adding this to the rotation."
"One of my favorite go-to meals. It is so easy to keep most of the ingredients on hand."
"My family and I love this recipe. I have made it often."
"This was so fast and delicious. I used evaporated milk instead of the cream. Next time I make this, I will use more vegetables, adding more sauce as needed. YUM"
"I used fresh cauliflower, evaporated milk instead of whipping cream (as suggested by another reviewer), and shredded Parmesan cheese. It was delicious!"
"A great wqy to get the taste, but not all the fat is to substitute Evaporated Milk for the Whipping Cream. You will retain the rich taste of the cream, without all the fat."