- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 package (6 ounces) stuffing mix
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets, cooked
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- In a large bowl, combine soup and milk until blended. Add the stuffing mix with contents of seasoning packet, chicken, broccoli, celery and 1 cup cheese. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Freeze option: Sprinkle remaining cheese over unbaked casserole. Cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 375°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forChicken and Swiss Stuffing Bake
"Very easy to prepare and satisfying. This will be the main stuffing dish in our house."
"good recipe. my family enjoyed this one"
"When in doubt adde more celery. My grandmother said 'if you think the dressing has enough celery, add more'"
"wrong picture for recipe"
"I am not reviewing this recipe. I just noticed a mistake. The picture with the recipe on this page is NOT the correct picture! No pasta is in this recipe, as written. I think there must have been a mistake made placing the wrong picture on this recipe."
"Question... do you stuff the shells before or after cooking? And how does that work with freezing? Cook the stuffing, then stuff the shells then freeze? Or stuff the shells, then freeze and then cook when thawed?"
"The picture shows stuffed shells. Is that the wrong picture? there are no shells in the ingredients list."