- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup roasted salted sunflower kernels
- In a bowl, combine cheddar and Parmesan cheeses, butter and water until well mixed. Combine flour and salt; add to cheese mixture. Stir in oats and sunflower kernels. Knead dough until it holds together. Shape into a 12-in. roll.
- Wrap tightly; chill for 4 hours or overnight. Allow to stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before cutting into 1/8-in. slices. Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place on greased foil-lined baking sheets. Bake until edges are golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Slide crackers and foil off baking sheets to wire racks to cool.
3 crisps: 97 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.