Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream, optional
- Cut roast in half; place in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with taco seasoning. Pour tomatoes over top. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat from slow cooker; shred with two forks. Skim fat from cooking juices. Return meat to slow cooker; heat through. Using a slotted spoon, place 1/2 cup on each tortilla; top with cheese. Serve with sour cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 taco (calculated without sour cream): 414 calories, 20g fat (8g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 789mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 28g protein.
Feb 20, 2016
Super easy to make, but I didn't care for the flavor.
Sep 3, 2015
So easy to make, and very tasty! I was afraid there wouldn't be enough liquid, but there was. (I'm glad I didn't add any!) We'll make this again!
Nov 7, 2013
Excellent Mexican dish. My family loved it!!! So easy to make in the slow cooker. Put all ingredients in the slow cooker in the morning and then when you get home from work, the house smells wonderful and you have a great meal. This also requires very few ingredients. Delicious!
Sep 8, 2013
AND my husband reminded me about the available leftovers, as in, "Is there any of that pork stuff left?" which happens almost never, so this is HIS 5-star rating!
Sep 2, 2013
YEE HAH this was good! I also don't know how you'd skim the fat - it all looked the same in my crockpot so I didn't bother with that part. Used hot and spicy taco seasoning, excellent. Served with cojita cheese, sour cream and salsa verde in hard taco shells for DH and soft for me. We loved this!
Jun 25, 2013
I never smelled anything as good as this while it was cooking. It was simple to make, and delicious! This will become a regular in my menu rotation.
May 15, 2013
This recipe was made as stated and was so very good! I never did figure out how to skim the fat from the juices but it was still good!
Jan 12, 2013
I used a can of Hunt's tomatoes with basic, garlic and oregano since that's what I had. They were amazing. Best pork taco recipe I have found.
Mar 15, 2012
Everyone loved them, even my picky eater