- 6 slices day-old bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups warm whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place bread in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Combine water and brown sugar; pour over bread. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over bread. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forCaramel Bread Pudding
"This is WAY too sweet and I used 1/4 cup less white sugar... should have cut it out of the recipe altogether."
"My 16 year old made this exactly as written --- it is DELICIOUS! In fact, the family agreed it was the best bread pudding we ever tasted. We served it warm and highly recommend topping with some fresh whipped cream!"
"I made this exactly as stated & it was fantastic and quite easy. Everyone loved it....will definitely make again."
"this is a yummy recipe and so easy to prepare. my husband loved it!! fatfury"