VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1-1/4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound sliced assorted fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1-1/2 cups dry red wine or reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Rub steak with Cajun seasoning; let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet, cook steak in oil over medium-high heat for 7-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and leek in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the wine, pepper and salt, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Slice steak; serve with mushroom sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cajun Sirloin with Mushroom Leek Sauce in Taste of Home April/May 2018