Cabbage Hamburger Bake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 medium head cabbage, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in salt. In a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish, layer half of the beef mixture, cabbage and soup. Repeat layers (dish will be full).
- Cover and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until cabbage is tender. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 343 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 1135mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 7g fiber), 27g protein.
May 1, 2016
Make this all the time. The family loves it. So easy and economical. Enjoy!
Feb 11, 2014
Liked Stacey's inhredients. I used Old El Paso Fiests Rice 60 minute Micro season rice w/ corm &bell peppers Yimmy Hubby liked too!
Sep 26, 2013
Added a few more spices, but was quick to make.
May 1, 2013
Very good recipe...sure beats taking the time to make cabbage rolls and tastes exactly the same!
Feb 28, 2011
I will never waste time making cabbage rolls again! The hardest part was getting the lid to stay on, but it settled down after the cabbage wilted. Deelicious!
Sep 20, 2010
my family and I love cabbage rolls, but they take so long to make. This recipe gave me a great idea for a quick dinner. I added 1 1/2 cups cooked rice, 1/2 ts garlic powder, and 1 ts worcestershire sauce to the meat mixture and I added 1/3 cup ketchup, 2tb brown sugar, & 2tb cider vinegar to the tomato soup. This made it taste more like my cabbage rolls. I served it with garlic bread.
Jul 21, 2009
This is a delicious recipe. However, it is printed in the 1955/56 edition of the 'Betty Crocker Cook Book'. The name of it is 'Cedric's Casserole,' named after Cedric Adam's, a local and popular newscaster in Minneapolis/St. Paul during the 1950's and 1960.Gaye Swenson
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.