On chilly days, it's a pleasure coming home to this savory pot roast bubbling in the slow cooker. The tender beef, vegetables and tasty gravy are mouthwatering over a bed of noodles. —Lora Snyder, Columbus, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 pound fresh baby carrots
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup Burgundy wine or beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked wide egg noodles
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the mushrooms, carrots and green pepper; place roast on top. In a small bowl, combine the soup, wine, Worcestershire sauce, soup mix and pepper; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- Transfer roast and vegetables to a serving platter; keep warm. Strain cooking juices and skim fat; place in a large saucepan.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with the beef, vegetables and noodles.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 308 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 690mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Feb 11, 2013
This was so good. Used cabernet red wine I had on hand, and subed celery for the green pepper. The gravy was so Yum!
Dec 29, 2010
This was ok
Jul 29, 2009
This is an awesome recipe. I've been looking for this recipe for I dont know how long. Enjoy.