Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 large egg
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add corn syrup and egg; beat well. Stir in chocolate and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to chocolate mixture; beat well. Stir in walnuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 90 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 41mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 20, 2012
Actually I'd made these delicious treats before-last year for Passover! I used the same amout of matzo meal & 1/4 to 1/2 cup potato starch plus the same amt. of salt used in the recipe. I used 9 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa + 5 Tbsp. canola oil to = 3 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted. Today when I made these Brownie Mounds, I placed a Hershey Chocolate kissin the middle of each cookie or a miniature Snicker Bar or Milky Way Bar! This added touch makes these cookies very festive! I used 1/2 cup chocolate chips instead of the nuts called for in this recipe! DELowenstein
Jun 5, 2011
An easy, yummy treat to throw together!~ Theresa