- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 egg
- 3 squares (1 ounce each) unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add corn syrup and egg; beat well. Stir in chocolate and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to chocolate mixture. Stir in walnuts. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews forBrownie Mounds
"Actually I'd made these delicious treats before-last year for Passover! I used the same amout of matzo meal & 1/4 to 1/2 cup potato starch plus the same amt. of salt used in the recipe. I used 9 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa + 5 Tbsp. canola oil to = 3 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted. Today when I made these Brownie Mounds, I placed a Hershey chocolate kissin the middle of each cookie or a miniature Snicker Bar or Milky Way Bar! This added touch makes these cookies very festive! I used 1/2 cup chocolate chips instead of the nuts called for in this recipe! DELowenstein"
"An easy, yummy treat to throw together!~ Theresa"