- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 medium apple, peeled and sliced
- Place sweet potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or just until crisp-tender; drain. In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, apple juice, salt and cinnamon; set aside. Arrange sweet potato and apple slices in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with brown sugar mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer, basting occasionally with pan juices. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBrown Sugar Sweet Potatoes
"Too dry, so I doubled the sauce ingredients and put it back in the oven. I also kept it covered with foil. Then it came out much better. Everybody at Easter loved them!!"
"I made this recipe for Easter dinner, my family loved it!"