Broken Glass Dessert
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 4-1/2 cups boiling water, divided
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a small bowl, soften unflavored gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes. In a small saucepan, bring pineapple juice to a boil. Stir in unflavored gelatin until dissolved. Transfer to a large bowl; set aside until slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, combine the crumbs, sugar and butter; press into a
- greased 13x9-in. dish. Chill. Combine lime gelatin and 1-1/2 cups boiling water; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Pour into an buttered 8x4-in. loaf pan; chill until very firm.
- Repeat with strawberry and orange gelatins. In a large bowl, gently fold whipped topping into pineapple juice mixture. When flavored gelatins are firm, cut into 1-in. cubes; gently fold into whipped topping mixture. Spoon over crust. Chill for at least 2 hours.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 8, 2016
My mom made this often before she passed, but I never got her recipe. Thanks Angela for sharing it here!
Apr 18, 2011
A friend of mine gave me this recipe about 20 yrs ago and I've been making it ever since. The only I've changed is I use yogurt instead of whipped topping. This dessert is just as great with other flavors that I've used. My family and friends love this dessert whichever flavors I use.
Sep 25, 2010
Prepared this recipe for our daughters pre-birthday celebration in August. Ideal for a hot summer evening sweet dessert. Delicious and very easy to prepare!
Jun 8, 2010
This recipe always goes over well, especially with kids but adults love it too. I have used other gelatin flavors such as cherry and lemon.
Apr 6, 2010
This is such a great dessert to eat. It's worth the little bit of extra work to make it. One of my favorites.