Broken Glass Dessert
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 4-1/2 cups boiling water, divided
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a small bowl, soften unflavored gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes. In a small saucepan, bring pineapple juice to a boil. Stir in unflavored gelatin until dissolved. Transfer to a large bowl; set aside until slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, combine the crumbs, sugar and butter; press into a
- greased 13x9-in. dish. Chill. Combine lime gelatin and 1-1/2 cups boiling water; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Pour into an buttered 8x4-in. loaf pan; chill until very firm.
- Repeat with strawberry and orange gelatins. In a large bowl, gently fold whipped topping into pineapple juice mixture. When flavored gelatins are firm, cut into 1-in. cubes; gently fold into whipped topping mixture. Spoon over crust. Chill for at least 2 hours.
Apr 8, 2016
My mom made this often before she passed, but I never got her recipe. Thanks Angela for sharing it here!
Apr 18, 2011
A friend of mine gave me this recipe about 20 yrs ago and I've been making it ever since. The only I've changed is I use yogurt instead of whipped topping. This dessert is just as great with other flavors that I've used. My family and friends love this dessert whichever flavors I use.
Sep 25, 2010
Prepared this recipe for our daughters pre-birthday celebration in August. Ideal for a hot summer evening sweet dessert. Delicious and very easy to prepare!
Jun 8, 2010
This recipe always goes over well, especially with kids but adults love it too. I have used other gelatin flavors such as cherry and lemon.
Apr 6, 2010
This is such a great dessert to eat. It's worth the little bit of extra work to make it. One of my favorites.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.