VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup crushed baked potato chips
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, mushrooms, broccoli and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the soup, Swiss cheese, mayonnaise, egg whites, egg, mustard, pepper and 3/4 cup cheddar cheese. Drain vegetables; stir into soup mixture.
- Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with potato chips and remaining cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Mushroom Casserole in Simple & Delicious January/February 2010, p46
Reviews forBroccoli Mushroom Casserole
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 27, 2010
"This is a GREAT recipe!"
Reviewed Jan. 6, 2010
"This is so delicious and easy to make. My family is already asking me to make again."