- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 4 flounder fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, salt, paprika and pepper. In another shallow bowl, beat egg whites and milk. Coat fish with cornmeal mixture, then dip into egg white mixture. Coat fish again in cornmeal mixture.
- In a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray, arrange fish in a single layer. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBreaded Flounder Fillets
"My husband and I found this bland. I didn't care for the breading. I wouldn't make it again."
"I did like how this recipe gave a healthier way to make fried style fish, but, in my opinion, the breading did not taste very good. I would have rather have skipped the breading and just baked the fish plain."
"We LOVE this recipe. It is NOT fried fish so you can't be expecting that taste. However, as a healthier baked alternative it gets nice & crispy. I use either flounder or tilapia. I do have to make sure the fillets are well thawed and dried or the outside gets too mushy for my liking."
"I thought this was awful! The consistency of the "breading" on the fish was just odd and I think the recipe calls for too much paprika. I will NOT make this one again!"
"i normally saute the flounder in veg oil but tried this in an iron skillet and thought it was pretty good."