- 8 cups cubed Italian or French bread
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cider or red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a large bowl, combine the bread, tomatoes, basil and onion. In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients; drizzle over bread mixture. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forBread and Tomato Salad
"This sounds wonderful! A family member does not like fresh tomatoes so will replace with mushrooms."
"My favorite fall-back recipe. Everyone loves it."
"Great Summer salad. It has become a new family favorite."
"sounds good- thanks!"