Blueberry-Lemon Upside-Down Cake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 4 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer blueberries, sugar and marshmallows. Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions, adding lemon zest before mixing batter; pour over marshmallows.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm with whipped topping.
Nutrition Facts1 piece (calculated without whipped topping): 313 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 279mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Nov 11, 2017
want more lemon .... use a lemon cake mix instead of yellow ... just saying!Sounds interesting and I might make one day...
Aug 8, 2017
Jun 1, 2016
It was a good dessert, just not lemony enough for me. I will make it again but with a few alterations. Super easy to make, but I found it lacking in lemon flavor even after doubling the grated lemon peel. Next time I will try adding some lemon juice to the blueberries to give them a kick and use parchment paper on the bottom of the pan since some of the blueberries remained in the pan. Not a big deal though, they were easy to scoop up and put back on the top. I used real whipped cream for the topping.
Jul 19, 2015
Very tasty and easy! I only used about 1/4 cup of sugar and it was still plenty sweet for us, especially with the whipped topping. Next time I will probably add some more lemon peel. Thanks for the recipe!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.