- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 5 tablespoons cold water
- 1-1/4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons shortening
- 4-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 12 squares)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup flour, water and lemon juice; set aside. In a large bowl, combine sugar, salt and remaining flour; cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add flour mixture, tossing with a fork until moistened.
- On a piece of plastic wrap, press dough into a 4-in. circle. Cover with a second sheet of plastic wrap; roll into 12-in. circle. Freeze for 10 minutes. Let stand for 1 minute; remove plastic wrap.
- Transfer pastry to pie plate; trim to 1/2-in. beyond edge of plate. Flute edges. Prick bottom and sides of pastry with a fork. Line shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 375° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer.
- Place blueberries in crust. In a bowl, combine the yogurt, brown sugar, flour, vanilla and lemon zest; spread over blueberries. Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter; sprinkle over yogurt mixture. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until crumbs are lightly browned and filling is bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forBlueberry Crumb Pie
"Wonderful flavor combination with good crust. The graham cracker topping was an excellent idea. I'm only giving it 4 stars however, because the filling did not set up properly (even with 3T of flour.) Next time I will add 1/4 C tapioca to help as thickening agent and consider using a drip pan as my pie bubbled over a little bit at very end of baking cycle."
"The Family loved it!"