Blackberry Peekaboo Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup seedless blackberry spreadable fruit
- Cream butter, shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add 1 egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; cover. Refrigerate until firm enough to roll, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. round cookie cutter. Place half of the circles onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Spread 1 teaspoon spreadable fruit in the center of each circle; top with remaining circles, pressing edges lightly to seal.
- Bake until light brown, 10-12 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 162 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 179mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 22, 2019
I have to be honest with my review, I did not like these and did not match up to other reviews. They were not sweet and the dough was so hard to work with. I would not make these again.
Nov 24, 2019
Really good hidden sandwich cookie.. make the top a little thinner to get the cracking - but even without it - they are delish. They barely brown and may take more than 10-12 mins. Love them!
Oct 30, 2018
These are so good except I use homemade red raspberry jam instead of blackberry.