Blackberry Peekaboo Cookies
My grandmother bakes this recipe every year for the holidays. She uses homemade blackberry jam that she makes fresh every summer. These cookies are so delicious! —Jacquie Franklin, Hot Springs, Montana
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large Eggland's Best eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup seedless blackberry spreadable fruit
- Cream butter, shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; cover. Refrigerate until firm enough to roll, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. round cookie cutter. Place half of the circles onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Spread 1 teaspoon spreadable fruit in the center of each circle; top with remaining circles, pressing edges lightly to seal.
- Bake until light brown, 10-12 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 162 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 179mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Blackberry Brown Sugar Filled Cookies in Ultimate Cookie Swap Bookazine 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.