Cardamom-Blackberry Linzer Cookies
Total TimePrep: 50 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup roasted salted almonds
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 jar (10 ounces) seedless blackberry spreadable fruit
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- In a food processor, combine 1/2 cup flour and almonds; pulse until almonds are finely ground. Add cardamom, salt and remaining flour; pulse until combined.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. round cookie cutter. Using a floured 1-in. round cookie cutter, cut out the centers of half of the cookies. Place solid and window cookies 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix spreadable fruit, lemon juice and remaining sugar. Spread filling on bottoms of solid cookies; top with window cookies. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 filled cookie: 188 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Sep 30, 2014
So delicious! I love the spice of the cardamom combined with the sweet jam. I agree not to put too much jam in the center or these can be really messy to eat. Perfect cookie for fall!
Aug 26, 2014
These were so delicious! Perfect combination of buttery cookie and fruit.
Dec 23, 2013
Delicious! Be careful not to put too much filling on each cookie...a measuring teaspoon full was plenty and prevented it from running over the edge when the top cookie was placed. The recipe made 33 finished cookies for me. I used half a jar of spreadable fruit and a half Tablespoon of lemon juice and it was the perfect amount. Thanks for sharing your recipe, Christianna!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.