Black Raspberry Bubble Ring
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + rising Bake: 25 min.
Makes1 loaf (16 wedges)
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup warm whole milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 jar (10 ounces) seedless black raspberry preserves
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup butter, egg, salt and 3-1/2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/4 hours.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 32 pieces. Flatten each into a 3-in. disk. Place about 1 teaspoon of preserves on the center of each piece; bring edges together and seal.
- Place 16 dough balls in a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Brush with half of the remaining butter; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar. Top with remaining balls, butter and sugar. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 35 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Combine syrup ingredients; pour over warm bread. Cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 274 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jan 8, 2016
I just made this and I have to say it was pretty tasty. It was so fragrant while baking and I couldn't wait to try it. I decided to leave out the syrup mixture and I let it sit 10 minutes before digging in. The bread had the perfect amount of sweetness and was not dry. The only thing I want to change for my next attempt is to use blueberry jam instead. I felt like the one called for was too sweet and overpowered the bread.
Dec 22, 2010
This is very good. I made the dough in my bread machine, used blackberry preserves, and in place of the cornsyrup I used Agave Nectar, turned out so good. I've been asked to make two of these to bring to our holiday dinner this year!!
Nov 27, 2010
This was delicious!!! The only thing I did different was use seedless blackberry jam. It's what I had. Will definitely make this again, and again, and again.........YUM!