Very Cherry Crescent Ring
My mother used to prepare this pretty coffee cake on Christmas Eve for our family to enjoy the next morning after opening gifts. It's an easy way to add an elegant touch to a holiday breakfast or brunch. —Karen Sevensky, Hackettstown, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained well and chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Additional pecans
- Preheat oven to 375°. Reserve 3 tablespoons cherries for topping. For filling, beat cream cheese, sugar and extract until smooth. Stir in 3/4 cup pecans and remaining cherries.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll crescent dough into one long rectangle; press perforations to seal. Fold dough lengthwise in half; roll into an 18x12-in. rectangle. Spread filling over top to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up tightly jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal.
- Transfer to a greased baking sheet, seam side down; shape into a ring, pinching ends to seal. Using kitchen scissors, start at outside edge and cut two-thirds of the way through the ring at 1-in. intervals. Separate sections slightly and twist to show filling.
- Bake until golden brown, 20-30 minutes. (Cover loosely with foil if it browns too quickly.)
- Using two large spatulas, remove from pan to a wire rack. Mix confectioners' sugar, milk and extract; spoon over warm coffeecake. Top with reserved cherries and, if desired, additional pecans.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 273 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 268mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.