This is one of my favorite comfort foods for breakfast or even a quick dinner. I like to make it with lime salsa. But if you're looking for something with more kick, use hot salsa or add some chipotle pepper. —Aysha Schurman, Ammon, Idaho
Featured In: 30 Breakfast for Dinner Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 large eggs
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- Optional toppings: minced fresh cilantro, sliced ripe olives and additional salsa
- Preheat broiler. In a large bowl, whisk the first six ingredients until blended.
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add peppers and green onions; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until peppers are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in beans. Reduce heat to medium; stir in egg mixture. Cook, uncovered, 4-6 minutes or until nearly set. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil 3-4 in. from heat 3-4 minutes or until light golden brown and eggs are completely set. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. If desired, serve with toppings. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Black Bean & White Cheddar Frittata in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2015, p74
Reviews forBlack Bean & White Cheddar Frittata
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2018
"I have only been able to save ONE recipe to my box, anyone care to help me out?"