- RASPBERRY SYRUP:
- 2 cups fresh raspberries or frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- FRENCH TOAST:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 18 slices sourdough bread
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Confectioners' sugar and additional raspberries, optional
- For syrup, combine raspberries, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until syrup is desired consistency. Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla; set aside.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream. Spread about 3 tablespoons on each slice of bread. Combine preserves and vanilla; spread over cream cheese mixture on nine slices. Top with remaining bread, cream cheese side down, to make a sandwich.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the eggs, cream and cinnamon. Dip both sides of bread into egg mixture. Cook on a hot greased griddle for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Cut in half diagonally. If desired, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and garnish with raspberries. Serve with raspberry syrup. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forBerry-Stuffed French Toast
"This is my husband's favorite breakfast! You can't go wrong with this recipe. The syrup is wonderful on many things! Yum - O!"