- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 pounds fresh broccoli, chopped or 6 cups frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
- 6 ounces sliced part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion in oil until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, Italian seasoning, rice, soup and water.
- Place cooked broccoli in an 11x7-in. baking dish; spoon meat mixture over top. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBeef and Broccoli Casserole
"It was okay, pretty basic but the plus side is it was easy. My eight year old son loved it though. So a five star from him."
"This recipe was submitted by my mother. She passed away 7/14/2007 and I never knew about this recipe submission until afterwards when I googled her name and this came up. It was really great to still get a recipe from her even after she is gone. :)"
"This was a great way to use extra broccoli left after a baby shower. We found it surprisingly yummy."
"I used shredded cheese instead of sliced, added a can of mushrooms, and added in some leftover fresh cauliflower with the broccoli - it was very good."