VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size), divided
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened and divided
- 1 cup cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant banana cream pudding mix
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- Additional sliced ripe banana
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9-in. pie plate. Stir together 1-3/4 cups cake mix, egg and 1 tablespoon butter until combined. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until a smooth dough forms. Roll dough to fit prepared pie plate. Flute edge. Prick bottom several times with a fork. Bake until golden brown, 12-15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Whisk milk and pudding mix 2 minutes. Fold in banana and 1 cup whipped topping. Transfer to cooled crust. Top with remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, mix remaining cake mix, peanut butter and remaining butter until crumbly. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined rimmed baking pan. Bake until golden brown, 14-18 minutes, stirring once. Cool completely.
- Top pie with additional sliced banana and some of the crumb topping (save additional crumb topping for another use). Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Banana Cream Pie with Cake Mix Crust in Taste of Home September/October 2017
Reviews forBanana Cream Pie with Cake Mix Crust
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 25, 2017
"To die for. This was so amazingly good!"