- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water; transfer to a large bowl. Add the chicken, tomatoes, onion, bacon and Gorgonzola cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, basil, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forBalsamic Chicken Pasta Salad
"I loved everything about this salad except the amount of brown sugar in the dressing. Will cut it in half next time. I really enjoyed the tang of the balsamic vinegar and feel about half as much sugar would allow for an even balance of sweetness and tanginess. I will happily share this recipe with friends and family, as it is not the average run of the mill pasta salad! Very Good!"
"This was fabulous! Will definitely be making this again and again. I will say, it was better warm than cold."
"very good light refreshing summer salad.. we enjoyed it!"
"Do you use the mini bow tie or the regular size? I tried the regular and they seemed a little too large. The salad was delicious and very definite one for a summer dish. Everyone liked it."
"This recipe was light and great for a warm summer night as the main meal."
"This was delightful! I swapped and doubled feta for Gorgonzola, and threw in some sugar snap peas from the garden which was a great addition. This recipe's a keeper."
"5 Star Rating and then some... everyone at my party loved it. I would highly recommend this dish. You won't be disappointed."
"Simply delicious, made as per recipe, nice combination of flavors. Not for those that dislike the taste of gorgonzola or blue cheese"