- 2-1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- In a nonstick skillet, simmer chicken, salsa, onion, cumin and oregano until heated through and most of the liquid has evaporated. Place 1/2 cup down the center of each tortilla; top with 2 tablespoons cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Place seam side down in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, heat the broth, bouillon and pepper until bouillon is dissolved. Combine flour and cream until smooth; stir into the broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in chilies and heat through. To serve, cut chimichangas in half; spoon sauce over the top. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBaked Chimichangas
"This is one of our family's favorite recipes. Delish!"
"My family loves this recipe! I usually double the sauce because it's soooo good."
"These are good but I didn't like the 'baked' tortilla. It may just have been the LaTortilla Factory low carb, tortillas that I used but it wasn't awful. The original recipe called for 1/4 cup flour and 1 cup half & half for the sauce which I modified by using 4 ounces skim milk and 4 ounces light sour cream. What I did worked but it needed more flour (I only used 2 tablespoons) as it was pretty thin, also needed some more spice. I served it with salsa and that 'rescued' the flavor"
"Love this recipe! I have even used milk if I don't have 1/2 and 1/2 and although it isn't as thick the gravy still tastes delicious!"
"This dish was amazing! And on top of that it's a cinch to make. A love the sauce, so simple yet lots of flavour. I didn't have half and half, but I used whipping cream, which may have made it extra creamy, which for me, is perfect!"
"Super Yummy. Will be making this again. :)"
"EXCELLENT DISH! EXCELLENT! Next time I will freeze some. I have made them twice and they are GOOD."
"Great recipe. Made just like it was. Perfect taste and will use this in my recipe rotation. A Keeper!!!"
"The chimichangas were very tasty but the cream was bad! The cream has tooo much flour and very strong floury taste. I had to use another recipe to make a new cream."