- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 4 medium ripe avocados, halved, pitted and peeled
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Tortilla chips
- Spread beans in a shallow 2-1/2-qt. dish. In a small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise and taco seasoning; spread over beans. Sprinkle with chilies.
- In a large bowl, mash avocados with the lime juice, salt and garlic powder. Spread over the chilies. Sprinkle with the cheese, onions, tomato and olives. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews forAvocado Taco Dip
"Serve this for Christmas and everyone loved it, Only ha 2 large avocado but otherwise followed recipe exactly."
"I made this last night for a party . It was a hit a totally delicious .."
"LOVE THIS! I have made it about 20 times now! I'm in love"
"I made this for our dip contest at work, and it was a big hit! I won first place and the coveted Golden Spoon award! my son said it was the 'bomb'... for the taco seasoning i used the hot and spicy.. gave it just the right amount of kick! have made it a couple more times since, and will make again!"
"I took the advice and used a Spicy Taco seasoning instead of the regular and it made a huge difference in the punch of flavor."
"Every time I make this to take somewhere, everyone raves about it!"
"enjoyed this dip - would use spicey taco seasoning instead of regular next time i make it."