Aunt Ione’s Icebox Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
MakesAbout 17 dozen
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 cups chopped nuts
- Sift together first five ingredients; set aside. In a bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs, vanilla and lemon extract; beat well. Add dry ingredients; mix well. Stir in nuts.
- Divide dough into four parts and shape into 11x1-1/2-in. rolls. Wrap in foil and chill overnight.
- Slice cookies 3/8 in. thick. Bake on greased baking sheets at 350° for about 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 92 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 57mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 7, 2019
Readybto make - my grandma use to make for us as children. Thinking of these recently
Dec 16, 2015
Love these! I made mine larger than what the recipe calls for, but they are heavenly with coffee.
Dec 4, 2011
I used mini chocolate chips. wonderful !