Lemon Thyme Icebox Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 large egg yolk, room temperature
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cream butter, sugar, thyme and lemon zest until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Roughly shape dough into a 12-in. roll along the edge of a 12x12-in. sheet of waxed paper. Tightly roll waxed paper over dough, using the waxed paper to mold the dough into a smooth roll. Securely wrap roll in plastic; refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap and cut dough crosswise into 1/2-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until edges begin to brown, 12-15 minutes. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to finish cooling.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 65 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 61mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 24, 2019
I was able to adjust this to be gluten free and egg free and they came out absolutely delicious! Such a different but addicting flavor!
Oct 21, 2018
I needed a cookie recipe that was a little different and to my surprise, I came across these beauties. They are prepared the day before and baked fresh for your special occasion. The taste is not too sweet and the combination of thyme and lemon is out of this world delicious..