Artichoke Mushroom Caps
These crumb-topped appetizers never last long at parties. The rich filling of cream cheese, artichoke hearts, Parmesan cheese and green onion is terrific. You can broil them in your oven to enjoy any time of year. —Ruth Lewis, West Newton, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Grill: 10 min.
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 jar (6-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 20 to 25 large fresh mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Beat in the artichokes, Parmesan cheese and onion.
- Lightly spray tops of mushrooms with cooking spray. Spoon cheese mixture into mushroom caps. Combine bread crumbs and oil; sprinkle over mushrooms.
- Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 173 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 251mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Artichoke Mushroom Caps in Quick Cooking May/June 2003