Artichoke Caprese Platter
I dressed up the classic Italian trio of mozzarella, tomatoes and basil with marinated artichokes. It looks so yummy on a pretty platter set out on a buffet. Using fresh mozzarella is the key to its great taste. —Margaret Wilson, San Bernardino, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 jars (7-1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- Coarsely ground pepper, optional
- Drain artichokes, reserving 1/2 cup marinade. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil and reserved marinade.
- On a large serving platter, arrange the artichokes, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and basil. Drizzle with vinaigrette. If desired, sprinkle with coarsely ground pepper.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 192 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 179mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Artichoke Caprese Platter in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.