Apricot Sesame Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 6 tablespoons apricot jam
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1-in. balls; roll in sesame seeds. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an 3/8-in. deep indentation in the center of each ball. Fill with jam. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 145 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 129mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 18, 2010
I have made these several times and I always come home with an empty cookie tray. I also replace the almond extract with other extracts to compliment the jam in the center.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.