- 8 slices cinnamon-raisin bread, cubed
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Vanilla ice cream
- Place bread cubes, apples and pecans in a greased slow cooker. In a bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add the eggs, cream, apple juice and butter; mix well. Pour over bread mixture. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forApple-Nut Bread Pudding
"3 STARS for oven baked version. Don't have a 3 quart slow cooker so I took a reviewer's suggestion and baked it in the oven. After 35 minutes at 350 degrees and covered it was still cold in the center. After an additional 20 minutes it was still soupy. An additional 15 minutes and it was hot throughout but too wet. My final result: after a total of 70 minutes in the oven the apples were crunchy and the bread was soggy. Perhaps the slow cooker is the essential ingredient in this recipe...or perhaps I am just not a bread pudding kind of person."
"I miss the nutrient values and calories per serving in this new format."
"I HAVEN'T MADE THIS YET BUT IT SOUNDS WONDERFUL. I LIKE TO READ THE REVIEWS OF OTHER PEOPLE TO SEE WHAT THEY THINK ABOUT A RECIPE."
"would like nutritional information"
"3 to 4 hours was way too long a cook time on low in my crockpot. It was done in 2 1/2 hours. Even though I buttered my pot very well, a few raisins stuck to sides of the pot and began burning. I would make this again, but in the oven, not a crock pot."
"Made it exactly as directed, it was delicious!!"