- 3-1/2 cups fresh dark sweet cherries, pitted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place cherries in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. Add milk and melted butter; stir in just until moistened. Spread over cherries.
- In another bowl, mix cornstarch, cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over batter. Mix boiling water and almond extract; pour slowly over top. Bake, uncovered, 45-50 minutes or until bubbly and top is golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forAlmond Cherry Cobbler
"My family loved this cobbler. The only thing I would change next time, is reduce the almond extract by half. It was a tad overpowering."
"Wow! This was so easy and so tasty. I'm having a hard time not eating it all before the husband and kids get home."