All-American Sheet Cake
My sweet and tangy sheet cake piled with fresh whipped cream and juicy fruit is so good, you might just want to eat it for breakfast. —James Schend, Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 to 3 cups sweetened whipped cream
- 3 to 4 cups assorted fresh fruit
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine cake mix, buttermilk, oil and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a 13x9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 25-30 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Spread whipped cream over cake; top with fruit. Refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 257 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 261mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as All-American Sheet Cake in Taste of Home June/July 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.