Cranberry Bog Bars
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened, divided
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar, divided
- 3-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream 1 cup butter and 1 cup brown sugar until light and fluffy. Combine 2-1/2 cups oats and flour. Gradually add to creamed mixture until crumbly. Press into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Spread with cranberry sauce.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt remaining butter; stir in the pecans and remaining brown sugar and oats. Sprinkle over cranberry sauce. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 239 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Nov 20, 2016
One of my faves. I made a pan of them yesterday. In the past I've had problems with them being crumbly & the crust soggy the next day. Solution: Add an extra 1/2 cup of oats to the crust. Bake approx. 10 minutes longer. Perfection. Best batch I've ever made.
Dec 17, 2014
added 3/4 cranraisins into flour oatmeal mix. rough chop on pecans. crust was soggy. no flavor even with extras i added.
Jun 24, 2014
WOW, so much better than I thought they would turn out. Easy to make, very tasty. They do tend to fall apart when picking them up, but maybe that was my batch.
Sep 20, 2013
loved it, shared recipe many times
Jul 26, 2013
Whenever I have to bring bars, I run to this recipe. If you want to make bars that go fast, this is the best choice.
Nov 3, 2012
Moist, easy, disappeared quickly.
Dec 6, 2011
I think next time I make these I will add a little salt to the cookie crust...
Nov 12, 2011
Has become one of my traditional holiday recipes! Super easy and YUMMY!!!!!! Everyone loves them!
Nov 12, 2011
Has become one of my traditional holiday recipes! Everyone loves it and it is beyond easy. Turns out perfect every single time!
Oct 14, 2011
These bars are wonderful and SO easy! I have substituted apple pie filling and mincemeat and both were excellent!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.