- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2-1/4 cups hot water
- 1-1/4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 small zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
- In a large skillet, saute basil in butter for 2 minutes. Add water and bouillon; bring to a boil. Stir in rice and carrot. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add zucchini; cover and simmer 5 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forZucchini Rice Pilaf
"great side dish"
"We thought this was okay. It could have used more veggies and needed a little salt. I did use "chicken base" (paste) rather than granules...maybe the base is less salty."