I created this colorful rice and veggie side dish one night by combining a few ingredients I had on hand. My husband, Robert, loved it and I have been making it ever since.—Lori Blevins, Douglasville, Georgia
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2-1/4 cups hot water
- 1-1/4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 small zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
- In a large skillet, saute basil in butter for 2 minutes. Add water and bouillon; bring to a boil. Stir in rice and carrot. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add zucchini; cover and simmer 5 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Rice Pilaf in Quick Cooking November/December 2001, p7
Reviews for Zucchini Rice Pilaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review