Zucchini Rice Pilaf Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2-1/4 cups hot water
- 1-1/4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 small zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
- In a large skillet, saute basil in butter for 2 minutes. Add water and bouillon; bring to a boil. Stir in rice and carrot. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add zucchini; cover and simmer 5 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Zucchini Rice Pilaf(4)
Sort By :
great side dish
It was as easy as it said, and my family loved it! A great replacement for Rice-a-Roni as I know what every ingredient is that I'm eating. I lowered the sodium by using reduced sodium chicken granules and used half the butter and used olive oil instead.
We thought this was okay. It could have used more veggies and needed a little salt. I did use "chicken base" (paste) rather than granules...maybe the base is less salty.
I generally make Sunday dinner early afternoon. By time 8PM came 'round, wanted something healthy. Didn't take long to find this recipe. It was hit the spot delicious!!
Thank you sharing recipe.