I put this recipe together in the morning before I leave for work. In the evening, the aroma hits me as soon as I open the door. All I have to do is quickly cook some rice, and dinner is served!
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1-1/2 pounds), cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2-1/2 cups sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 3 dried hot chilies
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-3/4 cups fresh snow peas
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- Hot cooked rice
- Place beef in a 4-qt. slow cooker. Add the mushrooms, onion, and chilies. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, orange juice, soy sauce, vinegar, cornstarch, ginger, oil and garlic. Pour over meat.
- Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender, adding snow peas during the last 30 minutes of cooking. Stir in orange peel. Serve with rice. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Zesty Orange Beef in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2012, p16
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Zesty Orange Beef
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review