Yellow Squash and Peppers Recipe
Anna Stodolak sends her quick veggie side dish that's sure to perk up any dinner. Anna uses fresh yellow squash and peppers from her Volant, Pennsylvania garden.
- 3 cups sliced yellow summer squash
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup each julienned green and sweet red peppers
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute the squash, onion and peppers in oil for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the remaining ingredients. Reduce heat to medium.
- Cook, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Yellow Squash and Peppers in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007, p48
Reviews for Yellow Squash and Peppers(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Simple Side Dishes >
- Simple Vegetarian Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >