Wild Rice Pancakes Recipe
This recipe is a traditional favorite in Minnesota, where wild rice is widely harvested. These fritter-like pancakes are great for brunch or even a light supper.
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Canola oil
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in butter until tender. Transfer to a large bowl; cool. Stir in the rice, milk and eggs. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually stir into rice mixture just until combined.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in the same skillet over medium heat. Drop batter by 2 tablespoons into oil. Fry in batches until golden brown on both sides, using remaining oil as needed. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Wild Rice Pancakes in Country October/November 1995, p49
Reviews for Wild Rice Pancakes(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Mushroom Breakfast Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Side Dishes >
- Pancakes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Rice Side Dish Recipes >
- Rice Side Dishes >