A thick and creamy sauce covers these corn tortillas that are filled with tender chunks of chicken. To suit our family's tastes, I usually leave out the red peppers and cumin. —Sharon Welsh of Onsted, Michigan
- 12 white or yellow corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 cup fat-free milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Wrap tortillas in foil. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until softened. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, 1 tablespoon milk and cumin until smooth. Stir in chicken. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onions and red pepper until softened. Stir into chicken mixture.
- In another bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, jalapenos, cayenne and remaining milk. Stir 2 tablespoons soup mixture into chicken mixture. Place 1/3 cup of chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla; roll up.
- Place seam side down in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with remaining soup mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as White Chicken Enchiladas in Light & Tasty June/July 2003, p31
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for White Chicken Enchiladas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review