Fresh or frozen raspberries folded into a thick strawberry glaze turn a boxed cake mix into a festive finale to any meal. My husband isn't a chocolate fan, so this is a great substitute. I'm often asked for the recipe.
Recommended: 30 Recipes to Make with Fresh Raspberries
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 carton (16 ounces) strawberry glaze
- 1/2 cup water
- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped cream. Spread over cooled cake. Refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, combine strawberry glaze and water in a bowl; gently fold in raspberries. Serve with cake. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as White Cake with Raspberry Sauce in Taste of Home August/September 2002, p31
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for White Cake with Raspberry Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 22, 2014
"So simple, a good friend requests it every year for her birthday."
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2012
"Great Tasting I used Ice cream Strawberry glazed Topping it work out well.."