- 2/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 large head iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups chopped assorted tomatoes
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a small bowl, mix the first seven ingredients. Cut lettuce into six wedges. To serve, top wedges with dressing, tomatoes and bacon. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Wedge Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing
"As written, the dressing for us did not have enough "presence", giving it the 4 rating, so I added about 1/4 cup of Paul Newman's Olive Oil & Vinegar salad Dressing to the mixture. I also increased the Worcestershire to 1 full teaspoon. THAT made it a 5 for us. One of my 2 sons, who won't usually touch a salad, takes his portion of this one! And of course, having bacon on the wedges helps. Glad I saw this recipe in the magazine--I will be making a recipe card with it, laminated as all my recipe cards are, and I also have it in my Taste of Home Online Recipe Box. Thanks, Jenn!"
"I have seen the Wedge salad on all the cooking shows and in magazines, but finally decided to try this simple presentation. It is so tasty and you can change up the dressing or let family and friends choose from their favorites."