To remind my daughter of wintertime in her home state, I planned a snowman theme brunch while visiting her in central California. This flavorful quiche sparked with spicy sausage and peppers got a reception that was far from chilly!
- 1 pound bulk mild pork sausage
- 1/4 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Green and sweet red pepper strips, optional
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, beat eggs, cheeses, flour, butter and baking powder. Stir in mushrooms, onion, chilies and sausage.
- Transfer to two greased 9-in. round baking dishes (dishes will be full). Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Bake at 375° for 33-38 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Garnish with pepper strips if desired. Yield: 2 quiches (6-8 servings each).
Originally published as Warm-You-Up Sausage Quiche in Taste of Home December/January 2000, p37
Reviews for Warm-You-Up Sausage Quiche
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review