In her kitchen in Kissimmee, Florida, Margaret Beyersdorf lets her bread machine do the work when making this tender loaf. Its quick prep time and combination of brown sugar, walnuts and cocoa will help make it a favorite in your home, too.
Recommended: Banana Bread A to Z
- 2/3 cup warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 1/3 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Just before the final kneading (your bread machine may audibly signal this), add the walnuts. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
Originally published as Walnut Cocoa Bread in Quick Cooking January/February 2005, p11
Reviews for Walnut Cocoa Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 27, 2016
"The bread was absolutely wonderful. To give it sweetness I added 1/4 cup of chocolate semi-sweet morsels. Yes, the aroma of chocolate while baking was mouth watering. Yum"