Walnut Cocoa Bread Recipe
- 2/3 cup warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 1/3 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Just before the final kneading (your bread machine may audibly signal this), add the walnuts. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
Originally published as Walnut Cocoa Bread in Quick Cooking January/February 2005, p11
Reviews for Walnut Cocoa Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 1, 2010
The aroma of chocolate as this bread was baking was wonderful. It was a little disappointing that the flavor of the chocolate wasn't very strong. The chocolate came through more when the bread was cold. Overall, a very good bread.