Venison Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 3/4 pound venison, cubed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, brown venison in oil. Add onion; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until tender. Add remaining ingredients; cover and simmer 1 hour longer or until meat is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Venison Vegetable Soup(3)
Sort By :
This is such a great way to use up venison. Very tasty & easy to make. I used 1 lb ground venison, eliminated the frozen veggies & added an extra potato & 3 sliced carrots. In place of one of the cans of diced tomatoes, I used diced tomatoes with jalapenos to give it a kick. Very happy with the results & will be making again!
I used ground venison and also added a bag of coleslaw. Delish!!!
My family LOVED this soup! I did a few things different though. I put this in my slow cooker. Since we can some of our venison, I used that and I also put the tomatoes and onion in the blender then added it to my crockpot. I have one picky eater, so this way I get the flavor of the onion without him picking them out!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Soup Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Soup Recipes >