- 3/4 pound venison, cubed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, brown venison in oil. Add onion; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until tender. Add remaining ingredients; cover and simmer 1 hour longer or until meat is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Venison Vegetable Soup
"So delicious !!!! I didn't have venison so I subbed ground beef in its place! Also added a little bit more water than it calls for because we like our soup 'soupy'!! ?? Used cayenne in place of hot sauce.Will definitely make this again!!"
"I used diced tomatoes with green chili's to add a kick! Best venison recipe EVER!"
"OK I changed a lot. I used ground Venison cooked in olive oil then added Fresh Carrots, Celery, Onion, Potatoes and let cook for a couple minutes. I added 2 Cups of Red Wine and cooked off the Alcohol. I added 2 cups of beef stock, Fresh Tomatoes, a can of Tomato Sauce (small can), 2 bay leaves, fresh Basil and Fresh Oregano Salt and Pepper to taste. Cooked until the Potatoes were done and served over soup pasta (elbow or ditalini)."
"This is such a great way to use up venison. Very tasty & easy to make. I used 1 lb ground venison, eliminated the frozen veggies & added an extra potato & 3 sliced carrots. In place of one of the cans of diced tomatoes, I used diced tomatoes with jalapenos to give it a kick. Very happy with the results & will be making again!"
"I used ground venison and also added a bag of coleslaw. Delish!!!"
"My family LOVED this soup! I did a few things different though. I put this in my slow cooker. Since we can some of our venison, I used that and I also put the tomatoes and onion in the blender then added it to my crockpot. I have one picky eater, so this way I get the flavor of the onion without him picking them out!"